ESG statement・ESG management system
At Nippon Paint Holdings Group we aim to conduct our business activities to support and enable sustainable development everywhere we operate.
We aim to include the three dimensions — economic, social and environmental — in a balanced and integrated manner.
Creating paints and coatings to add color, comfort, and safety to people everywhere has been our mission since the company was founded.
Finding solutions to global sustainability challenges is our responsibility to future generations and is a driving force for our continued growth and success. To achieve this, we will:
- Pursue technologies across the value chain to create sustainability benefits, through innovative products and services, and new business opportunities.
- Engage and work with our stakeholders to meet their expectations and together deliver on our shared sustainability commitments, responsibilities, and challenges.
- Establish effective governance frameworks to ensure transparency, objectivity, and fairness of the management of our company and earn society’s trust everywhere we operate.
- Respect, support, and enable our diverse employees and company associates to achieve their full potential and create innovative, sustainable value for all.
- Support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDGs) through delivery of sustainability improvement plans that create new business opportunities and maximize shareholder value.（MSV※）
※MSV is predicated on fulfillment of our duties to customers, employees, suppliers and society, setting us apart from the concept of “Shareholder Primacy”.
ESG management system
Placing ESG at the core of management, the Group established the ESG Committee in 2020 to have cross-Group discussions on creating and improving sustainable corporate value and accelerate ESG promotion activities. Chaired by the CEO, the ESG Committee formulates strategies, policies, and action plans regarding ESG and the Group’s “ideal state” based on SDGs and ESG, alongside assessing and promoting ESG activities.