We will strive to provide information, such as our Group’s management strategies, business activities, financial standing, governance, sustainability, risks, etc., promptly to all stakeholders including shareholders and investors so that they can properly understand and evaluate us, while ensuring the transparency, fairness, and continuity.
Information Disclosure Subject to the Disclosure Policy
1. Statutory Disclosure
(1) Disclosure as required by the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
Securities registration statement, annual securities report, quarterly report, extraordinary report, etc.
(2) Disclosure as required by the Companies Act
Notice of General Meeting of Shareholders, business reports, financial statements, consolidated financial statements, etc.
2. Disclosure as required by financial instruments exchange
(1) Timely disclosure
Disclosure of information regarding corporate decisions and events and financial information, etc. as required by the Tokyo Stock Exchange
(2) Corporate governance
Activities involving the Corporate Governance Code and Corporate Governance Report as required by the Tokyo Stock Exchange
3. Other information disclosed
Timely Disclosure Structure
- Nippon Paint Holdings is working to enhance and strengthen corporate governance for fair and highly transparent management. In particular, our management team recognizes their responsibility to ensure the speedy and accurate disclosure of corporate information disclosure to investors in compliance with the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act and other applicable laws and regulations and timely disclosure rules prescribed by financial instruments exchanges. Accordingly, we will put in place the following internal system for timely disclosure.
- Information on financial results will be reported to the Board of Directors after results are finalized by the Finance & Accounting department and audited by the Accounting Auditor. This information will be disclosed as financial statements on the day of approval by the Board of Directors.
- Information that is subject to timely disclosure will be prepared by our Group partner companies or associated organizations and reported to the Representative Executive Officers & Co-Presidents in compliance with applicable internal rules. This information will then be disclosed promptly upon receiving approval from the Board of Directors, when needed, through close cooperation between the Representative Executive Officers & Co-Presidents and the NPHD departments involved with this disclosure (Finance & Accounting, Investor Relations, Corporate Governance, Legal, etc.)
- Timely disclosure will be carried out by Investor Relations department.
Timely disclosure structure
Structure for Information Disclosure Outside of the Scope of the Timely Disclosure Rules
Information disclosure that falls outside of the scope of the timely disclosure rules will be carried out by Investor Relations department and Public Relations department, upon approval by the Representative Executive Officers & Co-Presidents depending on the type of information being disclosed.
Method of Information Disclosure
Disclosure of information that falls under the category of disclosure items based on the timely disclosure rules will be made on our website promptly after disclosure through TDnet. In addition, information that falls outside of the category of disclosure items based on the timely disclosure rules will be proactively disclosed on our website and other media if this information is believed to be useful to facilitate an understanding of our Group among all stakeholders.
Prevention of Insider Trading and Fair Information Disclosure
We have established and operate a structure to prevent insider trading and ensure the fair disclosure of information. Specifically, we have established the Global Insider Trading Prevention Rules and a structure in which General Manager of Legal department will be appointed as the insider trading information manager who will be responsible for gathering and managing information that is subject to insider trading regulations, as well as a structure for properly managing information related to financial results.
To prevent leakage of financial results information and ensure the fairness of the disclosure of information, we refrain from answering questions and making comments regarding financial results during a quiet period of about one month preceding the release of financial results. However, if our financial results may differ significantly from our earnings guidance, information will be disclosed in a timely and appropriate manner in accordance with the timely disclosure rules and other applicable laws and regulations.
Any information disclosed by our Group that is not a historical fact is a forward-looking statement made by Nippon Paint Holdings based on information that was available when this information was released. These forward-looking statements include known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Actual results may be different from these statements.
Information Disclosure Through Corporate Website
We exercise extreme caution to ensure the accuracy of information on our website. We will not be held liable for any damage caused by an error in the disclosed information or a failure that occurred when viewing or downloading information.
The information on our website is for the purpose of providing information and not for soliciting investments. The readers of this information are requested to make investment decisions on the basis of their own judgments and responsibility.